Inspired Girlfriend

Inspired Girlfriend

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Agape: Love with no limits





Good Day Girlfriends!

God’s love---Agape. The most fulfilling, genuine, ultimate love.

Love really is a beautiful thing. It is an old cliché that is true. Love is also the most complicated emotion, because we as humans do not fully grasp the concept of how healing love can be. We do not understand the healing power, the need to dwell in love all the time. I figure every one of us wants to be loved, I always say if you do not think you need love, you need it the most. When I think about love I am not just talking about a man and a woman’s union of love. I am talking about the love we have for mankind. The love people show to each other. The entire concept that Jesus speaks of when he says “Love thy neighbor”.

Love is a struggle for most of us because we really do not even know what we are looking for. We do not understand the depth of love. I use to cringe when people said “I Love you”. I knew often they were just mouthing the words that sounded good. I learned a long time ago that the love we humans show each other was not real. It came with way too many conditions.

I will forever believe, that love holds healing power to restore brokenness. I did not understand what love was most of my life until a few years ago. It seem to me that people only loved you for a short time. Of course I knew what it was portrayed on television, and from what I heard. I also knew it was something I wanted and it seemed so wonderful. Not only did I not understand it, I also did not know how to give it back in the correct form. Sadly, I craved what I did not even know a thing about. I have always been the type of person even from a very small child; who looked at the actions of people. I did not believe what your mouth said. So even though all my life various people said “I Love You” I knew from their actions that could not hold truth. However, I know now that people cannot give you love, when they have not experienced it, and was not taught about love. It is accurate that we can only give, as much as we know. Sometimes that is still extremely damaging….Onward.

When I decided to allow God to work me over, I begin to receive messages of love from EVERYWHERE. God begin to deal with me on a deeper level to study love. I remember it dropped in my spirit that if you only would study my love, it will heal every single ounce of pain. WOW! Well I needed healing badly. I can still hear it. I teach it and pass it on. People need to be set free from feeling like love is missing, and feeling empty.

I must say I have went to church all my life, and I am thankful those roots were instilled in me, but it was quite obvious that I did not pay attention much. I remember looking at other people on fire for God and so excited about how he was moving in their lives, as well as the church. I remember hearing the church sister and brothers talk about the love that made them feel so complete.  I did not feel that, and I knew I could not fake it either. As far as I was concern, I could not feel or see God. He was invisible. I would pray to God and ask him to help me fall in love with him, and to help me understand his love for me as well. (Never stopped praying)

The Bible tells us that we have three things that will last forever. The three things are faith, hope, and love; love is the GREATEST!! (1 Corinthians 13:13).  In the Bible when Jesus is teaching the Pharisees ask Jesus what is the greatest commandment of all. He replied to them and told them that we are to love our God with all our heart, all our soul, and all our mind! (Matthew 22:37) He also went on to make sure he told him that this was the first and the greatest commandment.

Think about it for a second. Why is it that when you think of love you get excited and feel a sense of safety? Love makes you feel great all over. Think about this too: Why is it when we feel love is lost that it destroys us inside? We feel so weak and vulnerable. Love lost often even leaves us feeling damage that is unrepairable. The reason is because we were made in the image of God, so if the scriptures tell me that God is love, I am love too. However, human nature and our sinful world has molded and tarnished us from being like the perfect image of God. However, our spirit still needs that love that we were made from. God made us so he could love us! That is enough to build a foundation of truth on. God made us for his pleasure, he wanted to love us.

What some people fail to understand is that one small gesture of love can go a long way. By walking in love we can help change lives. You never know what someone is needing and how they are feeling. Just for myself recently, the love from friends and associates helped God make me whole again. It was seeking the knowledge of God’s love that completed my life. It was learning Gods love that made me dream again, love the correct way, and be the best woman I can be for everyone in my life. It was Gods love that helped me defeat depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. God’s love that save my life, and made me want to live again. All God…he is love. Now I can feel it.

God’s love---Agape. The most fulfilling, genuine, ultimate love.

I cannot explain how complete it makes me feel. All I can say is that if you are hurting, and searching for that one true love, try Our Lord and Savior. He will wrap you in his loving arms and remove all pain. The feelings of being inadequate will go away. It did for me, and I still have many struggles, but knowing I am loved by God is not one.

Agape…get into it with your Savior!!

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT)

 

Need to talk? Vent? Or have any questions?

Please contact me at: girlfriendsinspire@gmail.com

All email correspondence remain strictly confidential

 
© JeVita Owens 2015 All Rights Reserved

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment